15 Day Book Blogger Challenge Day 1:
15 Book Confessions
So a few minutes ago I was procrastinating from working (omg code that isn’t working is so annoying) and spotted April’s 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge. I probably won’t do all the challenges in the next 15 days, but I figure I can spread them out a bit too ;-). It’s a completely chill challenge, so you should sign up!
Now on to my confessions….
1. I buy books just to have the pretty covers that I can pet whenever I want. There is no room on the schedule to read them any time soon, but at least I have them to look at!
2. I have a horrible “grass is always greener” problem with books. A book on my shelf is always more tempting than the book I’m currently reading (unless the current read is freaking fantabulous).
3. I don’t mind mismatching series or incomplete series on my bookshelves; I just want the books I haven’t read yet.
4. I have several review books that I got when I first started blogging that I haven’t reviewed yet and I feel horrible about it. I just never feel like reading them since there are so many new and shiny books to read.
5. I used to dog-ear pages, but I’ve completely stopped since I started book blogging. I still have a hard time keeping books nice if they come on trips with me though.
6. I always bring my science brain into a sci-fi or fantasy. I’m happy to suspend disbelief, but the system has to be internally consistent and I want all the details about it.
7. I grew up in a home with bookshelves filled to bursting everywhere and didn’t feel at home in my apartment until I had two bookshelves mostly full. I haven’t had to move since then though and I’m a little nervous about that….
8. I like to organize my shelves by how much I want to read a book/how urgent they are. I have a shelf for old ARCs that I probably won’t get to and a shelf for omg exciting shiny purchased books and ARCs that haven’t been released yet.
9. The books I want to read soonest/I am most excited about get to be on the shelf that I can see from my couch because they make me happy to look at.
10. If I am not liking a book a lot but still want to finish it, I start speed reading and don’t bother to try to figure out a sentence I didn’t understand.
11. I’m afraid I’m going to be judged by that previous confession D:
12. I’ve only purchased 3 Kindle books after owning my Kindle for more than a year. I have so many freebies and eARCs that I never feel the need.
13. I’m not willing to spend more than a few dollars on Kindle books; I’d rather spend the $10-20 to get a physical book.
14. I can never like a romantic interest that starts out mean or abusive. I don’t like bad boys and always end up liking the nice guy of a love triangle better.
15. At this point in my life, I’d rather read than anything else, which has been proving problematic for getting research done.
Whew, some of those are a bit weird, sorry! I was worried about hitting 15 for a bit there, but I figured it out ;-). What do you think of my confessions, do you have similar problems or opposite? Link up if you are doing the challenge too :D.
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.