Bookish Goals Update
So I made a couple of goal lists as far as book and blogging are concerned for 2013, and it’s about time I checked in on them ;-). First up are the goals from my Top Ten Bookish Goals list:
1. Read 60 books – According to Goodreads I’m well on my way to this goal and probably should increase the goal since I’m 17 ahead I think…. That will be even farther ahead once I’m through with classes and have a read-a-thon for myself ;-).
2. 3 Older Sci-fi/Fantasy – Hmmmm…. Well I read Dealing with Dragons and the first two books of The Wheel of Time series. I realize I started the first one in December 2012, but it still counts right? I’ll read another just to be fair, haha.
3. 2 Contemporary – I read The Elephant of Surprise and Geography Club. They aren’t quite the contemporary I was planning on, but still totally count :D. I probably will try one more, but I’m pretty sure I prefer my books with dragons.
4. 1 Steampunk – All right, I need help here. Does Clockwork Angel count as steampunk even though there is no steam? I was picturing this being more of a fantasy/sci-fi set in Victorian with crazy inventions, so that would count…. Thoughts?
5. Fewer Review Books/Specific Ones – I’m totally succeeding in this goal! While I’ve still been requesting books from Netgalley and publishers, they have been ones that I’m not sure I will get and am really excited if/when I do. I’ve also in general been giving myself a break on the backlog of review books I still need to read until I’m done with classes for the semester.
6. More from my favorites – This I’m still not doing great on. I wanted to fit more of my favorite authors’ older work in around all the latest and greatest releases, but I’ve been very release crazy so far. I still haven’t read The Way of Kings D: .
7. Reread – Yeah, not going to happen…. There are so many new books that I want to read and there isn’t anything I really want to reread. Maybe something will strike, but so far I’m okay letting this one go.
8. Reading Speed – I think that this has improved. I’ve certainly been reading a book in 2-3 days more often than not (when I focus on one), so that makes me happy. I’ve been able to get ahead on reviews and get some ARC reviews ready for their release dates long in advance. This definitely helps keep the stress off!
That’s it for now! There are two more lists of goals that I’ll probably check-in on at some point, but I’m feeling pretty good about how this year is going :D. Did you make any new year resolutions for your books? How are your goals going?
© 2013 – 2016, Anya. All rights reserved.