Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out the upcoming topics to start posting!
Thank goodness for this topic! I just got a bunch of books for the holidays (obviously!) and still have a bunch of books sitting on the shelf for review and fun, so I absolutely need this list to hold myself to ;-). And yes there will be some shaming here that I still haven’t had the chance to get to some of these! As always, all the covers link to Goodreads pages for your convenience.
- Divergent - I am completely behind on this beloved series, even though I own Divergent and got it last year from my wonderful boyfriend! It just keeps getting set aside for other books that “have to get read” for various reasons, but no longer!
- The Mermaid’s Madness - I loved the first book of this series, but haven’t had the chance to continue the series, but now I’m determined :D.
- Veil - This one is a review book and it is a beast! It’s a great book, but it’s just so long that I keep getting side-tracked, so I absolutely must finish it early in the new year.
- Cinder - Another very popular book of 2012 that I’m behind on, but I’m gonna catch up now!
- Gunmetal Magic - If you couldn’t tell, I love Ilona Andrews, and I borrowed this one from my mom over the summer and still haven’t had a chance to read it! I need to read and return her copy to her, so it’s on the list, haha.
- Fate’s Edge - I got my mom the first three Edge books, also by Ilona Andrews, for her birthday this summer, and she was super awesome and let me borrow the third one BEFORE she had a chance to read it! I however haven’t had a chance to read it yet D: I know, worst daughter ever *shame* therefore I must read it asap!
- Frost Burned - I’m also a huge Patricia Briggs fan, and the latest Mercy Thompson book is coming out just before my birthday if I recall correctly ;-). Gotta read it!
- The Way of Kings - I loooove Brandon Sanderson, but The Way of Kings is another huge book that I haven’t found the time to read yet, so I’m going to carve out some weeks this year to read the latest awesome Sanderson :D.
- Dreams Underfoot - I like to read older fantasy in addition to the latest releases, and my friend leant me Dreams Underfoot aaages ago, so I need to read and return this one soon, ie in 2013, haha.
- The Fault in Our Stars - I know this is a Sci-fi/Fantasy blog, but I do want to branch out of my comfort genres once in a while for those gems, and I hear that The Fault in Our Stars is one of those books, so I’m going to start with that one! It has to go on the list, though, since otherwise I’d keep putting it off since I’m so nervous to read such a sad book D:
Whew, I’m so glad that I made this list, now I just have to remember to refer back to it ;-). No promise on sticking to the order though! What about you? Link me up your list and let me know if you are a new follower and I’ll be sure to follow you back :D.
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.