I’ve decided to join in with For What It’s Worth and Midnyte Reader‘s Book Blogger Confessions, a bi-weekly discussion to get us all thinking about blogging related topics :D. This week’s topic is a great one to help me map out goals for the new year!
Q: What are your blogging goals for the new year? Are you making any changes or testing out new ideas for reviews or organization? Have you joined any challenges?
Awesome, time for a goal list :D
- Followers/Pageviews - I’m still in my first year of blogging, so increasing the size of my follower base and blog is still a high priority for me.
- Giveaways - To progress towards the previous goal, I’m planning on hosting giveaways much more regularly. Giveaways have been a fairly intimidating thing for me in the past because of the whole element of money being involved, but I realize that they go a long way towards attracting people and spreading the word about a blog.
- Events - Because of my school schedule, I shy away from participating much in community events, however that isn’t a good way to make friends and get more traffic. I’m going to try to find time to participate in at least two of the major community events this year and host smaller events such as read alongs and giveaways myself.
- Read and Review Hop - Some of you may know about the Read and Review Hop which I host each week (and if not, I hope you’ll click the dragon with the book over on the right there ->), and one of my goals is to continue trying to grow this hop with a couple new ideas I have brewing ;-).
- Commenting - I’m good at responding to comments on my blog and going to other people’s blogs when they leave links, but I want to expand past the circle of blog friends I already have (not that I don’t adore you all :D) and make sure I comment on blogs outside of my regular stops weekly. That being said, if you want me to stop by your blog, all you need to do is leave a link to a post ;-).
Q: What are the trends you noticed in blogging from 2012 and what do you hope to see for the blogging community in 2013?I think we can all agree it’s been a bit of a rocky year for the community and I hope that the negative incidents were not trends that will continue. While it’s not really a trend, I do think Parajunkee made a good point a few weeks ago in her rant about originality, even if the way she said it wasn’t perfect, in that we have been relying too much on pre-made content from publishers instead of writing our own content. I hope to see original posts and fresh ideas in the new year, since I often find myself skimming through my reader in search of discussion posts and reviews that catch my eye and skipping over a whole lot of posts. I realize that this section sounds rather dreary, so to fix that, I’ve also seen a lot of smaller blogs popping up and supporting each other. I know I personally have made a lot of friends through other small blogs, and don’t worry about “making it big” since we have such a great community already!
So what are your blogging goals for the new year?? Link me up and I’ll definitely stop by! Also if you are a new follower, let me know and I’ll follow you back :D.
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.