Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out the upcoming topics to start posting!
Oo, this week’s topic is awesome! I’m a huge fan of fresh and new ideas, so really my answer would be anything I haven’t read about yet, but that wouldn’t be any fun ;-).
- Forests - I looooove forests, and I know that there are probably a lot of faerie fantasy books that take place in forests, but I haven’t had a chance to read many of them. That being said, even books that have forests in them tend to only visit them once in a while; the forest isn’t the main setting of the book. I’m thinking a continent of all forests :D.
- Desert - I read a self-published book a while ago for review that took place in a fantasy desert setting, and while the book had several flaws, I loved the setting so much. There are a couple of books coming out this year that are picking up this theme and I’m pumped. Desert settings just seem so fantastically exotic to me :D.
- Underwater - I will begin by saying that I haven’t read hardly any mermaid books, so I should probably start on that first. However, I think that a book set completely underwater (or at least more than 1/2) would be awesome if well-thought out! Who needs humans falling in love with mermaids, I just want mermaid civilization doing crazy things, haha.
- Prehistory - Urban fantasy is great and all, and these steampunk prequels are cool, but let’s go even further back! There had to be fantastical creatures around when humans were first getting started in many of these worlds right?? So let’s see what that was like! Also props to the author that pulls off that plot line, because that would be pretty tricky, hehe.
- Cold places - I won’t lie, I love the concept of snow, though I’m not a big fan of being cold. This means that I would love to read about wolf-shifters playing around in the snow though :D. Seriously, I can’t remember the last time snow was mentioned in an urban fantasy book….
I’m keeping it to five since I didn’t want to start stretching the ideas to less fun ones ;-). What about you? What are your favorite settings?? As always, let me know if you are a new follower and I’ll follow you back :D.
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.