All We See & Seem by Tammy Blackwell is a novella set concurrently to the final book in her Timber Wolves trilogy (Fate Succumbs), so there will be spoilers for the Timber Wolves trilogy! All We See & Seem tells the story of a certain young couple in college *ahem* and how they get out of their silly heads to realize they are both crazy about each other (awwwwww!). We also get filled in on how other friends joined the picture, so All We See & Seem is a great novella to pick up to help you with your withdrawal until we get another book in December :D. Also, the eBook is only $2 on Amazon!
Note: I received All We See & Seem from Tammy Blackwell in exchange for an honest review.
All We See & Seem by Tammy Blackwell (Timber Wolves #3.5)
Published by Author on May 18th, 2013
Genres: Urban Fantasy, YA
Length: 117 pages
How I got my copy: Author
Book Depository - Goodreads
Purchases made support this blog
Jase Donovan always knew exactly what to expect from college: frat parties, coeds, and a spot on one of the most prestigious college basketball teams in the world. It was the life he was destined for... until his sister became the Alpha Pack's Most Wanted. Now he's playing a dangerous game of espionage and subterfuge with the most powerful Shifters and Seers in the world, and if he loses, his life won't be the only one on the line.
Talley Matthews has always been able to look on the sunshine-and-rainbows side of life, but it's getting harder and harder every day with the knowledge that one friend is on the run and another is barely clinging to life. To complicate matters even more, after being pegged as an Alpha Pack Potential, she's having to fend off advances from Shifters who want to use her to gain a little power. The attention might be nice if her heart didn't already belong to someone else.
- Omg Jase and Talley! Sorry *breathes* I’m better now. I have always loved this couple partially because it’s great to see a heavier female character get the guy and because Jase develops so much over this trilogy. Since All We See & Seem is about Jase and Talley’s relationship, we finally get some holes filled in as to how exactly they realized they did love each other after that whole pretend mates thing.
- More holes are filled in, including how Joshua enters the picture. Remember that crazy guy with special powers who was Jase’s roommate? Can you imagine how that conversation actually goes to finding out one of them is a shifter and the other is an Immortal? Well now you get to find out!
- I just recently graduated from college and so had a lot of fun reliving the amusing aspects of dorm life, especially the problem of random roommates your freshman year!
- You really need to have recently read Fate Succumbs to get the full enjoyment out of All We See & Seem. I had some trouble remembering what exactly had been going on and it took me some thinking in order to get caught up.
- Jase really angers me at times with how controlling he is; I just wanted to slap that boy!
If you are a fan of Tammy Blackwell’s writing and world, you have to pick up All We See & Seem! It’s a great novella in that it isn’t required reading to enjoy the trilogy, but it adds another layer of detail and fun to what we already know. It also made for a great stop-gap while I patiently await the opportunity to read Fragile Brilliance, haha. I had such a great time remembering why I love the Timber Wolves books so much :D.
All We See & Seem by Tammy Blackwell
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.