Anya’s #ImpromptuReadathonA couple of weeks ago I discussed the pros and cons of 24-hour vs. week-long readathons. I also had to confess that I’ve never actually seriously participated in a 24-hour readathon because the timing never works out! Well, turns out Mr. Boy is heading to Germany for two weeks so I’m going to have a weekend completely free of distractions! What should I do with that free Saturday do you think? Readathon :D. So, I’m going to be holding my own little #ImpromptuReadathon with no official challenges or any of that fancy stuff that takes careful planning. Instead, I’m going to be reading as much as I can all of Saturday 23rd and update you on how it goes! I might even try some Book Spine Poetry because I’ve always wanted to, hehe. You are completely welcome to join me by posting on your blog (feel free to borrow the banner, just link back please!) and Twitter with the hashtag #ImpromptuReadathon . I could certainly use the encouragement ;-). In my obsession with reading about readathons but rarely participating, I have picked up a few tips! I know that I need to make sure to have a variety of books ready and switch between them as necessary, so here are the books I’m going to include in my choices (in priority order!):
- – This is one of my current review books, so hopefully I can finish it!
- – This is my current audiobook, so I’ll be switching to this if I need to give my eyes a break :)
- – Next review book on the pile! This one is MG so it seems great for a readathon, plus dragons :D.
- – Library book, so I need to get to it! It’s also a pre-review book since I received Copperhead for review.
- – I know, I know, I know! I must read this book asap! I bought it because my book buddy recommended it (ie handed it to me >.>), plus it’s short so I will switch to this if I need a guaranteed awesome book :D.
- Breakfast: oatmeal as always because it’s my thing. Cup of tea!
- Lunch: Pizza! I have an easy homemade pizza (with pre-bought crust) recipe that I will whip up fresh while listening to my audiobook. Plus, the leftovers will be snacks :D. Plus coffee, mmmmm.
- Dinner: Green smoothie because I’m trying to be healthy and it’s easy.
- Snacks: I have some slimfast that I like to drink if I’m really hungry but don’t actually want to eat food (like my stomach is hungry, but not my mouth, ya know?). Plus, I’ll only eat half the pizza for lunch, so that will be good to munch throughout the day. I’ll also definitely be drinking tea and coffee throughout the day because it’s nice while reading!
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.