Things are getting good! We’re on week three of our Local Habitation read along, so we’ve read up through chapter 25! Spoilers below up to that point.
1. First things first, Toby braved the likelihood of being eaten alive by summoning the night-haunts! What are your impressions of this strange race of fae? And how do you think Toby’s relationship with the Luidaeg will change now that her final question has been asked?
Night-haunts!!!!!! Loooooove that revelation, so freaking cool! I liked the explanation for what they really do with the bodies, etc and why they haven’t been taking these bodies. It all fit so nicely together while still being deliciously creepy. I think that the Luidaeg will come up with some excuse not to kill Toby and things will stay the same since she is so lonely and doesn’t want to lose Toby’s company.
2. The storyline has really kicked off with another death to add to the body count and yet another attempt on Toby’s life. How did you feel about this latest murder? Are you suspicious of anyone in particular or seeing any patterns regarding motivations?
I don’t see any patterns, but I’m really sad that Jan was next. I am kind of hoping/thinking now that they might be able to get the memories/life back and restore everyone? Probably wishful thinking…. I’m quite convinced it’s Alex >.>.
3. Before her untimely demise, January was on the verge of revealing a secret regarding ALH and a mysterious project it was running. Do you have any suspicions on what this might be?
Uhhhhhh, I got nothing. I was really excited about that hint and then really disappointed when January died before she could say something. I kind of wonder why Toby hasn’t mentioned to Elliot that January was going to tell her though….
4. April is a fascinating and amusing character to read about, how do you think she’ll cope now she no longer has her adoptive mother? Can you see her becoming part of another court or as an addition to Toby’s life?
She has gotten quite attached to Quentin it seems so I wonder if she is going to find a way to stick with him. It seems like it would be rather difficult to relocate her at this point though, so I’m not sure how that would work.
5. In this section of the novel a little more is revealed about one half of our suspicious siblings, Alex and Terrie. Whilst Alex gets very handsy and a bit hypnocreep with Toby, Terrie is almost non-existent! What are your thoughts on this pair? Was Toby’s reaction justified? And are you as suspicious of at least one half of this pairing as Toby?!
Ugggggggggh, ick! Her reaction was completely justified, how much more rapey can you get??? On the Terrie subject, I have some strange half-theory that Alex and Terrie are actually the same being that swap control and appearance of one body and that’s why they are never in the same place at the same time….
6. Alex might not be able to turn off the seduction but in this section we see the return of both Connor and Tybalt. What do you think of Connor and his obviously complicated relationship with both Toby and Raysel? Do you think they have a future? Or is Tybalt too much of an infuriating temptation? Or more to the point, will either of them be of any use during the investigation? Thoughts please!
I really worry about Connor since it just seems like a really bad plan to actually let his feelings lead to physical contact with Toby. It’s probably not going to end well…. I’m still Team Tybalt, I think Toby and he would make a good pair, though I like them as weird friends more right now. How about no romance for a while? Tybalt the bloodhound though!
And now let’s all find out what happens!!!!
© 2016, Anya. All rights reserved.