Hello all, I’m Anya and welcome to On Starships and Dragonwings, my science fiction and fantasy book blog. Here at On Starships and Dragonwings, I review mostly Fantasy and Science Fiction books and focus on a summary and list style review for fast reading to find the books that you are most interested quickest. I try to post at least one review a week, as well as other fun posts through out the week.
I do request/receive a few books from authors and publishers, though most are from the library, but all of my reviews are 100% my honest opinion no matter where the book came from. I’m also part of the Amazon Associates program, and some of my older reviews have links to Amazon pages that I will profit from if you purchase the book through the link, but again, this doesn’t change my reviews of books, and I will use those profits towards future giveaways. I purposefully list strengths and weaknesses for every book I review because no book is perfect or irredeemable. I’m also a part of The Book Depository affiliate and book reviewer program.
- I am very behind on my TBR pile, and so am restricting my review books. I am only accepting fantasy review books right now. When I start accepting more books again I will post here.
- I am not currently accepting review requests for independently published books.
- If you are interested in sending me a book, just drop me a line through the form below or onstarshipsanddragonwings(at)gmail(dot)com and I’ll email you back if I’m interested. I have no idea when or if that will happen.
- I can accept Kindle, physical books, or audiobooks (CD or digital). I actually am low on audiobooks right now so would really like some more to review.
- Please tell me when you would like me to publish a review for an ARC. You MUST point this out to me, otherwise I won’t notice (I’m a bit scatterbrained when it comes to release dates.).
- I don’t give DNF (Did Not Finish) notifications, though I do write DNF posts explaining what urked me and what I still found good about the book, in the hopes that my readers will be able to decide for themselves if the book is for them. (This is suuuuuper rare, I’ve liked nearly everything I’ve gotten ;-) )
I will not resell any ARCs I receive, and I will be very careful with your digital galleys, etc, and delete them when I am done reading. Piracy sucks. I will try to be timely with reviews, but I simply cannot make any guarantees. I am a graduate student, and my real life comes first. If you have a specific time frame in mind, please let me know, and I will inform you whether I can make that work or not.
About guest posts/interviews/etc: I would love to write a guest post for you or have you write one for On Starships and Dragonwings, just drop me a line at the form or onstarshipsanddragonwings(at)gmail(dot)com!
I changed my rating system a bit as of 4/24/13, so I wanted to post what I go by when deciding on star ratings now (it’s the Goodreads hovertext in case that makes sense to you):
1 star: did not like it
2 star: it was ok
3 stars: liked it
4 stars: really liked it
5 stars: loved it