What is Blogger Trick-or-Treat you ask? Well pop over to Great Imaginations to find out!
Welcome, welcome adorable bloggers dressed in your cute costumes! Don’t be afraid of my
lair *ahem* I mean parlor…. There’s nothing at all to fear, mwahahahaha! No, seriously, there isn’t anything to fear because to be honest I’m a HUGE scaredy cat. But I also loooooooove Halloween because I love all the non-scary part of Halloween. This makes for a rather amusing (to others I’m sure) tug-of-war between wanting to buy and decorate with all the cute Halloween things and needing to hide my precious eyes from all the terrifying and gross Halloween things D: Therefore, I want to take the opportunity to discuss all some of the things that are AWESOME about Halloween and pretend the scary things don’t exist for a bit ;-). (All my comments about scary things being bad are very much a joke in that I don’t care if you have scary things over in your house, just not near me >.>)
- Pumpkins! I’m not saying my favorite fruit is the pumpkin (yes, it’s a fruit!), since peaches are pretty darn tasty, but my favorite fruit to use as a decoration is definitely the pumpkin :D. From pumpkin-carving to oggling at the ginormous pumpkins at the fall festivals to drawing funny faces on the little mini-pumpkins, I love it all. The only Halloween parties I go to a ones with pumpkin carving ;-). I even love crocheting pumpkins:
- Cute scary things! Things like ghosts and monsters are awesome when they’re cute instead of scary ;-). Small children make adorable ghosts in fact and I highly approve of those costumes over gruesome ones any day! Ghosts even make for adorable crochet ornaments as well! (Is this just an opportunity to show off the crocheting I’ve been doing? Maybe, but I also just love making crochet Halloween things!)
- Pretty costumes! Halloween is like the Ren Fest and various conventions in that it gives you an excuse to wear pretty old-fashioned dresses and capes without anyone looking at you like you’re crazy :D. I definitely wore my wench outfit from the Ren Fest every Halloween in college because the bodice is so pretty and fun to wear (minus breathing of course, who needs that!). I’m also super looking forward to having children so that I can put them in adorable costumes. I’m going to take a baby dragon trick-or-treating at least once!
- Adorable party favors! I have never hosted a Halloween party, but if I did, I would use it as an excuse to make lots of cookies that are of adorable scary things, like these that Finley Jane made for her daughter’s party! They are so cute I almost don’t want to eat them :D. *nom nom noms*
- Caaaaaaaaaannnnnnnndyyyyyyyyy! Yes, finally, the most important Halloween perk of all, the candy! I really love all the Halloween-special-edition candies, like the fall-colored M&M’s and the orange Oreos (cookies are close enough to candy >.>). But this Halloween, my favorite candy has to be the KitKats even though they aren’t specially colored or shaped or anything at all. They are just so crunchy and tasty! I am totally that person that pretends there might be trick-or-treaters to have an excuse to stock up on snack sized candy even though no one is going to come trick-or-treat at an apartment building! >.> *noms*
That’s probably enough cute things for now, I feel like I need to go watch an old horror movie to even things or something. Pfft, who am I kidding, I think I’ll crochet more cute things like this:
Also just so that it’s clear, I’m making a bunch of fall-themed crocheted items to give to coworkers ;-). Let me know if you want one too, I might have extras if I go crazy, haha.
What are you favorite things about Halloween? Anyone want to join my scaredy-cats support group??
© 2014 – 2015, Anya. All rights reserved.