Book Buddies – A Chill Reading Experience
Hey lovelies! I’ve had an idea rolling around in my head for a couple of months and when Ashley started Book Blogging.net it seemed like a great opportunity to give it a try! Basically, I love read-alongs except that they stress me out a little bit with the rigid schedules. It’s fun to read books with other people, but I wanted a way to do it with just one or two of you and all of us just coordinate a pace that worked for the group. Therefore, Book Buddies is basically read-alongs lite :D.
What is it?
Oh you want more details?? Fine ;-). Basically, Book Buddies is a group on Book Blogging.net where you can go on the forum toooooo:
- Post your list of books you’re planning to read soon (older books, recently published, ARCs, up to you!) so other people can see if they are planning to read a book on your list and want to join you.
- Check out other people’s upcoming books lists to see if you want to read any with them.
- Make new discussion threads for a book you’re reading with a couple other people to coordinate how far you’ll read each day and discuss the book as you read.
- Whatever else you’d like! There has been talk of joint reviews and lots of general blogging chat which I love to join in on ;-).
My January List
So to give you an idea how it works, you can check out my January Book Buddies list:
- Horizon (review ARC)
- Rebel (5/14, borrowed ARC)
- Cruel Beauty (ARC)
- Mind Games (pre-ARC)
- Black Dog (2/4/14, eARC)
- Mistwalker (2/4/14, eARC)
- The Waking Engine (2/11/14, eARC)
- Perfect Lies (2/18/14, eARC)
- Burn Bright (2/25/14, eARC)
So basically, these are the books I’m planning to read in January and would love to read with you if you are planning to read them too! I’ve already found a couple of people planning to read some of these with me this month and we’d love for you to join us :D.
Upcoming Buddy Reads
And in case you are tempted but don’t want to jump in unprepared, these are the buddy reads that are currently planned for January that I know of:
- Cruel Beauty starting Jan. 5th
- The Waking Engine starting Jan. 15th
- Mind Games starting Jan. 20th
- Mistwalker starting Jan. 24th
- All That Glows starting Jan. 27th
The emphasis is whatever structure works for those of you buddying up, so feel free to just join in on any book that you want to read and start your own threads if there is a different book you want a book buddy for :D.
Do you have any interest in joining Book Buddies? Suggestions for how to make Book Buddies more fun for you? Questions about how this all works and what is going on inside my brain?? ;-)
© 2014 – 2015, Anya. All rights reserved.