Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Six of Crows #2)
Published by Henry Holt and Co. on Sept. 27th, 2016
Genres: Fantasy, YA
Page Length: 536 pages
How I got my copy: Borrowed
Amazon - IndieBound - Book Depository - Barnes & Noble - Goodreads
Purchases made support this blog
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn't think they'd survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they're right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and left crippled by the kidnapping of a valuable team member, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz's cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city's dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of magic in the Grisha world.
All right, so I have a problem. During November of last year I took a break from blogging to win NanoWrimo. But of course I was still reading! I’ve been debating what to do with the notes that I took after finishing each book. I had a plan to write out a full review of them based on the notes, but three months later and I have to admit that that is just not likely to happen. I still want to talk about the books with you though! So here is a barebones, just-my-notes chat about Crooked Kingdom!
- Love Nina, she’s awesome and she isn’t afraid to love waffles. It was so so so wonderful to read about a strong, gorgeous woman who loved to eat delicious things and was established as chubby on the page, yet she was the sexy one. This was really important for my body confidence.
- Inej is awesome and I’m happy she reclaimed a lot of her power. I got annoyed at the end of the last book that Inej ended up a helpless victim when she had been so tough. I was happy that this was remedied.
- Wylan and Jesper are the best. I ship this soooooooo hard!
- More insight into Grisha magic. Magic is the best.
- I have opinions about who died and who didn’t. Without going into spoilers, basically I don’t like it. I wanted and expected someone else to die to really hit the strongest emotional notes and felt really let down with who actually died.
- Didn’t get as pulled in as first book, high expectations. I grabbed this from the library ready to be completely blown away because book one was so unexpectedly awesome. It was a lot to live up to.
Have you read this one? What did you think? Are you excited for it if you haven’t gotten to it yet?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
© 2017, Anya. All rights reserved.