Guest Post from Divinity’s Michelle L. Johnson
Hello everyone! Today I’m very excited to welcome Michelle L. Johnson to the blog to tell you all about the main character in her upcoming book, Divinity!
- Julia doesn’t know what her name is. She was born Sera Williams, renamed Julia Williams when she was adopted, and has been told that neither are her real name. C’mon, Michael! What’s up with that?
- Julia started out her career in restaurant management as a waitress. She had a knack for it because she had such empathy for her customers that she often gave them that extra little thing they needed. Sometimes it was a lemon wedge with their water, sometimes it was a recommendation for dessert, but she was always right on target.
- Julia often shuts down her emotions quickly. This can become a problem for her. If she doesn’t let herself feel and work through something, it can come bursting back up to the surface and cause her to act impulsively.
- Julia grew up thinking that she just wasn’t meant to have a family, and took this to an extreme in that she won’t have plants or pets in the house. She doesn’t want anything living to rely on her, lest she let them down and they feel as she has all her life.
- Julia is an old soul. And how old her soul is will be something that places her in jeopardy in the future. No, she doesn’t remember, but it’s possible that something might happen that could “jog” her memory. Maybe in a sequel…
Thank you so much to Michelle for stopping by and to Spencer Hill Press for providing a copy of Divinity for me to giveaway :D. This giveaway will have to be US only as per Spencer Hill Press’s policy and as usual the winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email and I will be checking entries so please don’t cheat!
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.