Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews is the sixth book in the Kate Daniels series and I will admit to being completely in love with this series. Magic Rises just reaffirmed my complete love of anything Ilona Andrews writes so basically you should go and read this series ASAP! Even if you didn’t think the first book was all that special, you probably will enjoy the series if you stick with it because these books continue to improve with every addition. I don’t generally read an entire book in one sitting, but I literally read the last 2/3 of Magic Rises in one night because I absolutely could not put it down. There will undoubtedly be spoilers for the earlier books in the series.
Note: I purchased Magic Rises and all opinions are my own.
Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews (Kate Daniels #6)
Published by Ace on July 30th, 2013
Genres: Adult, Urban Fantasy
Page Length: 327 pages
How I got my copy: Purchased
IndieBound - Book Depository - Goodreads
Purchases made support this blog
Atlanta is a city plagued by magical problems. Kate Daniels will fight to solve them—no matter the cost.
Mercenary Kate Daniels and her mate, Curran, the Beast Lord, are struggling to solve a heartbreaking crisis. Unable to control their beasts, many of the Pack’s shapeshifting children fail to survive to adulthood. While there is a medicine that can help, the secret to its making is closely guarded by the European packs, and there’s little available in Atlanta.
Kate can’t bear to watch innocents suffer, but the solution she and Curran have found threatens to be even more painful. The European shapeshifters who once outmaneuvered the Beast Lord have asked him to arbitrate a dispute—and they’ll pay him in medicine. With the young people’s survival and the Pack’s future at stake, Kate and Curran know they must accept the offer—but they have little doubt that they’re heading straight into a trap…
- All right all, I love sleep. I seriously think my bed is the best place in the world. I gave up hours of sleep to finish Magic Rises and was happy about it!
- We get to explore more of the Post-Shift world :D. The gang goes to Europe in Magic Rises and we get to see how that side of the world is faring with the downfall of technology.
- There is so much research that must go into these books. We get even more crazy new creatures in Magic Rises that pull from non-typical lore for this genre. It is freaking awesome!
- Omg, THE FEELS! There was crying, there was white-knuckled anger and fear, there was gushy-happy. All of them!
- While Kate and Curran have very much established their relationship by the beginning of Magic Rises, there is still room for the romance storyline to be extremely gripping.
- Um…. I honestly got nothing. Make sure that you have room in your schedule to do nothing but read before you start this one ;-).
I cannot express my love enough :D. I’m been hesitant to give 5 star ratings recently, but wow, I know it when I see it! You’d think that a series would run out of cool things to explore, but I have seen no evidence of that in this one. Just wow.
Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews
© 2013, Anya. All rights reserved.