My Blogging Quirks Revealed!
I feel like book bloggers tend to be quirky people in general since we’re combining two nerdy hobbies (the internet and books >.>), but sometimes I worry that I’ve gone off the deep end ;-). I need reassurance that I’m not the only one who experiences these “quirks.”
- UPS Trucks: UPS trucks quicken my pulse even when I’m driving/not in my town/there is no way that the truck has a book on it for me, I just can’t help it! And it’s not necessarily a nice quickening, it’s kind of like the flight or fight response of alertness >.> O.O It used to be just excitement at getting surprise book mail, but now I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed!
- Checking for packages: I obsessively refresh UPS My Choice and have the app. I actually get annoyed that there isn’t a notification option that tells me whenever a delivery is added to the calendar, hence the obsessive checking, haha. I’ve gotten a bit better about this lately, but it goes in waves ;-).
- Email: I love and dread checking my email; review requests are exciting but also stressful at the same time. When it is for a book that I’m not interested in, everything is fine since I just delete those emails (can’t take the drama of responding…), but if it’s a book I really want to fit in, I have to check the schedule and see if it is physically possible for me to read it!
- Insomnia: I read so much that sometime my brain decides to keep telling the story even when I’m trying to sleep, but I can never remember enough to you know actually write it down or anything. Therefore, I have a bunch of fan-fiction alternate endings in my head somewhere, lost forever, haha.
- Discussion Mode: My brain sometimes goes into discussion writing mode where I start writing posts in my mind about whatever is going on around me. If it’s good, I’ve been known to leave laundry half-folded in order to write the post :D.
- Inconvenient Ideas: I get the best post ideas when I simply can’t write them down: about to sleep, walking to the parking lot. Yes, I could stop and write them down, but I really don’t want to since I enjoy just thinking. I figure I’ll remember the good ones >.>. Spoiler: I rarely do D:
- Picky About Posts: If I don’t write a discussion post within the hour that I get the idea, I tend to get sick of it. Hence why it isn’t really worth writing them down (and why I’m writing this post at this moment at work). However, since this draft sat for a month before I came back to finish it, I think if I just get the majority of the idea down, I can still touch things up later. It’s just the inspiration for the meat of the topic that needs to be done immediately, haha.
So now you know some of the insanity that goes on in my brain, tell me I’m not alone! What has reading and/or blogging done to your brain that you can never fix? ;-)
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.