It’s time for week three of our Rosemary and Rue read along! I’m hosting this week, so I hope my questions are okay ;-). We read up to chapter 20 this week, so there will be spoilers below!
1. We finally get to meet Lily in person! What do you think? Does she live up to the buildup in the first part of the book? We also meet Julie for the first time. Does it surprise you that Toby seems to have more friends than she lets on?
I really like Lily, she seems like just the kind of friend Toby needs. I wish that Toby had gone and seen her sooner, but that seems to be a common theme, sigh. Lily sounds really gorgeous in an of course slightly creepy way, haha. I get that Toby feels guilty and disconnected from her old life, but wow, turns out she knows a lot of people who are willing to help her…. Hopefully she keeps this in mind going forward!
2. Tybalt to the rescue! Do you buy his excuse for why he chose to save Toby’s life? Ulterior motives much?
I do not buy his excuse! I think he secretly wants to be a good person and has decided to help Toby, though I’m not sure why he would suddenly change from who Toby used to know and mutually hate. Perhaps he was convinced to help her by some outside force?
3. Toby gets together with Devin in this section. Their relationship is a bit fraught, what do you think? Is it good she is relying on Devin or do you think it is unhealthy?
I’m not a fan of this relationship, I have to be honest. Devin sounds crazy manipulative and rather abusive, and while Toby is no longer as vulnerable as she was, I wish she would break free of that unhealthy environment. I get that she thinks he’s the only one who can safely help her, but that doesn’t mean she has to fall for him again does it?
4. That freaking doppleganger! Did you suspect Gillian was fake? Do you think Toby should try to get to know Gillian now that she is older?
This seriously broke my heart. I was so excited for Gillian to show up and for Toby to start healing and then of course everything goes to hell. I had no idea that Gillian was fake until it was really obvious, like I didn’t even get the clues since I was so excited for the reunion just like Toby, sigh. I think it would be worth Toby trying to make contact with her old family again, though of course if they don’t want to see her, there isn’t anything she can do.
5. Finally, we only have a few chapters left, any idea how everything is going to shake out? Ideas on who is behind it all yet?
Honestly, I still have no idea what is going on. I asked this question with the hope someone else might have a clue >.>. I kind of wish I had a bit more of an inkling, since at this point in the plot I want to be making guesses, but I just don’t know how the pieces fit together!
Are you excited for the ending???? Go go go!
© 2016, Anya. All rights reserved.