Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
Today’s topic is a bit strange for me since I have a few authors whose books I read the second they come out, but that might not necessarily mean I currently own them all and other authors I’ve collected all the books in a long series with the intent to read them but haven’t yet >.>. I also tend to giveaway books willy-nilly as long as I’ve already read them and the copy isn’t signed, knowing that I can always buy a new copy if I choose to, ha. Therefore, here is my guess at the ten authors from which I own (or wish I owned?) the most books ;-).
- Brandon Sanderson – I actually didn’t own the Mistborn books for a long time since I had borrowed them to read originally, but then a friend asked to borrow the second from me and I went out and bought the mass markets in order to lend them out, haha. If I ever spot a Sanderson book that I don’t yet own (or even that’s just at a really good price used >.>), I buy it immediately. I need to just remember to order a nice hardcover of Elantris, since I never see that one in stores, but I’ve gone through a few copies of The Way of Kings since I love gifting extra copies to force friends to read it :D.
- Ilona Andrews – I religiously read the Kate Daniels series as in drop-everything-else-and-read-this-book devotion. I’ve also read the first two Edge books and own the last two and have read and kind of own various short stories and spin-off books. Oh and I purchased a physical copy of Clean Sweep even though it was available free to read on their site because THAT COVER IS GORGEOUS OMG HOW CAN I RESIST??? >.> *breathes*
- Patricia Briggs – My other great urban fantasy love is the Mercy Thompson series! I’ve been working on buying the previous books since I borrowed them all from my parents way back in the day, but I have also read all the Alpha and Omega books and omg did you see the new cover????
- Jim C. Hines – Jim C. Hines is a local author so I really like supporting him and the bonus of being able to get signed books really easily since he pretty much always has a signing whenever a new book is released, hehe. I own nearly every book he has written I think, though I haven’t read them all yet which saddens me greatly ;-).
That One Awesome Series
- Tracey Hickman and Margaret Weis – I read The Dragonlance Chronicles in college and then proceeded to buy another trilogy because I saw it at a used bookstore, etc, etc. I haven’t actually read all the used books I’ve snagged over the years, but I have them *pets*.
- J.K. Rowling – Not much more needs to be said right? My parents are currently in possession of the original hardcovers we all read but I bought one of the boxsets that came out last year because they were so pretty!
- Tammy Blackwell – I looooove the Timber Wolves books and have been buying copies of the spin-off series as they come out just to have the pretties on my shelf ;-).
- Jim Butcher – I’ve read the first two Dresden books, but I own nearly all of them since my parents gave me their copies, ha. I will read them one of these days!
- Jessica Day George – I adore the Castle Glower books to the point that the third was in my top three books to get at BEA and I got it! Because of that love, I also have grabbed her other books such as Dragon Slippers when I see used copies and am just waiting for another snow storm to read them all >.>.
- Lisa McMann – My love for the Visions trilogy will never die even though the trilogy is now over. But because of that love, I’ve nabbed her middle grade series The Unwanteds and can’t wait to see what she has done in that genre :D.
It ended up being much easier for me to find the authors I own the most books for than I thought :D. In fact I had to cut some because there are a lot of authors that I own three books for for some strange reason ;-). From which authors do you own the most books??
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.