Yey, welcome to week 3 of the Great Hunt Read Along! This week we are over at Dab of Darkness. Remember for those that haven’t read up to Chapter 20 there will be spoilers!
2) Ooops! Is Rand channeling even in his sleep? Or do you think some other power pulled him, Loial, & Hurin into that alternate plane of existence?
I think from Rand’s dream he did channel, but something seemed to know how to trigger his dream…. What do we know that already messes with his dreams? Hmmmm… ;-). It just seemed very convenient that he had a dream that trigger him to pull on his power and led him to meet Selene doesn’t it??
3) Perrin is taking a calculated risk in sharing part of his wolfish gift with Ingtar. How do you think that will turn out?
So far it seems to be going well, and props to Ingtar for handling it so well! I think this is in part due to Ingtar being comfortable with Hurin’s power now, so another old power is something he can understand. I’m surprised that Perrin was willing to say anything about the wolfish-ness though, since he’s been so hidden about it previously.
4) Who and what do you think Selene is and from where does she draw her power? What is her hunger for the Horn? If you already know, feel free to critique her choice in clothing.
Selene seems bad bad bad! Rand get away from her!!! I would not be surprised to find out she is a servant of the Dark One, and I’m almost wondering if she is that female Forsaken that we heard of before, shifting shapes or something? Her hunger for the Horn would be understandable if she is trying to get the heroes of legend on the Shadow’s side. Gah, I just wish that there was someone resistant to her beauty around, perhaps a woman of power (like Moraine or Nynaeve, where did our friendly guiding Aes Sedai go when Rand needs them???).
5) Hehe! What was your favorite part of the first meeting between the Amrylin and Nynaeve & Egwene?
My favorite part was right after the Amrylin left and Nynaeve and Egwene had that lovely exchange. I can only imagine Egwene’s fear of Nynaeve’s frustration being vented at her. That reaction of Nynaeve’s was just priceless! Tell noooooo oooooone and you may live ;-).
6) Wow! I did not expect Rand to go for the Horn and Mat’s dagger. What do you think finally pushed him over into doing so?
He is definitely being influenced by saidin and I suspect Selene has a power to suggest that pushed Rand into taking risks he wouldn’t have previously. I just can’t believe that he actually got out of that camp successfully! I once again really hope that the guys get out from Selene’s influence as soon as possible, since she seems to know that Rand is important and is trying to use him to her advantage :(.
What did you all think of this week’s reading??
© 2013 – 2016, Anya. All rights reserved.