Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
This will be bookish and blogging focused since you don’t need to hear me gush about my awesome boyfriend, parents, and friends ;-). Blogging has opened my reading up to this whole new world and it’s been a really freaking fun year discovering books with all of you! Prepare for the sappiness, hehe.
- All of you! – Let’s of course start this off with my favorite part of book blogging, all the awesome book bloggers. I’ve discovered so many new books through this community, so many cool bookish things (like awesome book nooks!), and so many nice people :D.
- My library – They have a cool YA section that I’m finally starting to feel comfortable walking in to and they only chuckle at me when I borrow 20+ books that I don’t even have a chance to read *sigh*. They also have an excellent inter-library loan program, and online eBook and audiobook lending! Really, what more could a girl ask for???
- My local indie Schuler Books – the location that is closest to me is only a couple blocks away! They have a sci-fi and fantasy YA section with lots of awesome recommendation cards. Through Schuler, I’ve made lots of new friends this year which has been so exciting. They have a surprising number of author events and a really great space in the back for them! They also have $1 shipping all over the US, so I use them to send out giveaway books whenever winners are in the states :D.
- Awesome Books book club! This year I joined the Awesome books book club with Krys, Scott, and Kristin. It’s been so much fun reading ARCs with them and finally getting ahead on some books for 2014.
- Safe Shark Hosting – Adam is such a life saver! Whenever anything is going wrong on this blog, he is responsive and there to help. He’s also very understanding when I make completely ridiculous mistakes >.>.
- Ashley’s Ultimate Book Blogger plugin – I grabbed this on sale during the summer and it has been so awesome. Ashley is constantly coming out with new features too, so I actually read the “what’s new” notes every update to find out what toys I get to play with. My giveaways have been so much easier to promote, I don’t have to worry about updating my book review archive, I never forget to add book info on my reviews, and now my weekly wrap-up posts write themselves :D.
- Twitter bloggers! – I finally took the plunge with Twitter this year and have loved getting to know people there. It’s also helped my traffic soooooo much when you all retweet my post promotion tweets!
- BookLikes – I was quite uncomfortable with the whole Goodreads fiasco, so I was really happy to move to BookLikes. While I’m still missing some features of Goodreads, BookLikes has introduced me to a whole new set of features I now couldn’t live without. I love the micro-blogging element, since I can write up the little thoughts I have that aren’t really long enough for a blog post, but too long for Twitter, haha.
- Publishers – I’ve been really getting in to the world of ARCs this year and I am continuously wowed by the generosity of publishers! I keep worrying that they’ll realize that I’m not worthy of the awesome books they let me read, haha.
- My boyfriend Mr. Boy – he has been so nice about my increasing reading habit >.> He just rolls his eyes when I talk about wanting more books, and he even cleaned out his spare bedroom so that I can have an office with a bookcase at his place :D. There was also a promise of making another bookcase <.<.
What are you thankful for this year?
© 2013 – 2016, Anya. All rights reserved.