Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
I remember that I used to make my seasonal TBR list purely based on the next ten books that I needed to read for review and frequently would then feel guilty when I didn’t get to them all. No more! There are certainly ARCs on this list, but they are the ARCs coming out this fall that I most want to read without worrying about when they come out ;-).
- The Name of the Blade – I wasn’t able to snag this one at BEA but Candlewick was wonderful enough to send me a copy in the mail afterward. I remember being so excited when I first heard about the UK edition so I’m thrilled for it to be coming out in the US :D.
- Dreamer’s Pool – I haven’t read any of Marillier’s previous work but hear great things, so I’m very excited to get to this one soon.
- Silverblind – Aaaaaahhhhh! I might have already read this one by the time this post goes live, I’m that excited for it >.>. I loved the first two books and the world :D.
- Mortal Heart – I was so thankful to HMH for sending me a physical of this one after BEA. How have I resisted reading it immediately? I’m a little intimidated to be honest >.>. But soon!
- In a Handful of Dust – I’m also a bit terrified to read this one, but I think it’ll be a great one to read at the gym, highly encouraging to run faster right? ;-)
All the Fun
- Range of Ghosts – I received the full trilogy when the third book came out and I know that I really need to read this great fantasy, I just haven’t had the chance to yet and I’m going to try to fix that this fall ;-).
- The Iron Trial – I was so excited to get this one at BEA and was constantly telling myself it would be the next book I read. I bought the hardcover at my local indie because they had signed copies :D. And I’m glad I did because the ARC doesn’t have all the illustrations in it D:.
- The Assassin’s Blade – I’m so freaking determined to continue this series, but I think I’ll be starting with the novellas since I need to read about Celaena’s assassin adventures ;-).
- Captive – I’m borrowing an ARC of this one and so will be reading it as soon as it arrives, so excited!
- The Bone Season – I am also determined to start this series before book two comes out! A very good bookish friend absolutely adores Bone Season, so I’ve promised her I’ll try it, plus I got the paperback in the mail over the summer.
I’m clearly on a fantasy kick currently, oops ;-). I’m happy to have a nice balance of review and fun books at the top of the list, hopefully I can actually hold to it instead of letting guilt get to me, ha. What are you planning to read this fall?
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.