Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
A list of 2015 books that I’m excited about could seriously go on and on FOREVER, but I’m restricting myself to books that you might not have already of so that we can all get excited about new books ;-). I also am including a couple that I’m honestly not quite sure what to make of but am exceedingly intrigued by since I’m curious to hear your thoughts :D.
New To Me Authors
- Illusionarium – I love so many things in the description, including “a healthy dose of humor”, “gorgeous writing”, and “wholly original” :D. I just really love sf/f that pulls in humor really >.>. But seriously, The Night Circus meets Pixar?!?!!?!
- The Shattered Court – Witches! And a horrible marriage system that our heroine circumvents as she becomes uber powerful :D. Plus SO PRETTY!
- A Book of Spirits and Thieves – I am really hoping that I sneak in Falling Kingdoms soon, but it hasn’t happened yet. I’m a huge fan of spin-off series that explore a different part of the world though, so I’m just pumped this book is happening :D.
- The Orphan Queen – This feels like such a gimme that it’s almost cheating, but I haven’t had a chance to read the Newsoul trilogy yet (it’s on the list!), so I’m excited for Meadows to be starting a new series that I can get right into with everyone else!
Sequels I Need YESTERDAY
- The Queen and the Courtesan (Ring and The Crown #2) – This one doesn’t have a cover yet, hence the linked text instead ;-). I really enjoyed the light and fun tone and really awesome world of The Ring and the Crown, so of course I’m pumped about the sequel!
- Lion Heart (Scarlet #3) – MY HEART IS DYING! Seriously, after Lady Thief, how can I not be dying for the sequel??? Also I need that cover on my shelf *pets*.
- Six of Crows (Dregs #1) – Fine, I’m stretching the definition of sequel, but it is set in the same world as The Grisha trilogy so it totally counts :D. I really loved the ending to the previous trilogy and I’m insanely intrigued to find out more about a different region of the world and a different perspective!
- Crimson Bound – And now I’m SUPER stretching the definition of sequel, but a cover-matching standalone to Hodge’s previous standalone, Cruel Beauty, seems to be close enough ;-). I really loved the world and story of Cruel Beauty, so there was nearly a heart attack when I saw Crimson Bound!
Shiny and New Favorites
- Radiance – I have only read the first Fairyland book from Valente, but I already know that I will read ANYTHING she writes. I have been saving the rest of the Fairyland books for a binge when I especially need it (book one got me through the hell that was July this year!), so perhaps if I end up getting back surgery :D.
- Seriously Wicked – My heart seriously hurt when I finished the last of Connolly’s Ironskin books, so I was ecstatic to see that she is already starting a new series. I’m really pumped that it is completely different from the Ironskin books because I love fresh ideas in fantasy and this looks like it is going to be an absolute BLAST!
My caps lock key is probably going to go on strike after typing up that post >.>. But yes, I’m exceedingly excited for 2015 and am officially giving myself permission to buy all ten of these the day of their release and read them immediately, no guilt :D. Also I should get a cookie for managing to resist putting any Sanderson on this list <.<. It’s really just because I’m already reading Firefight and none of his other sequels have covers yet, ha. ;-)
What are you most excited to read in 2015??
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.