Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out the upcoming topics to start posting!
It’s always fun to look back at this time of year and remember everything you did :D. I started blogging seriously early this year and so 2012 was a big year for discovering new authors!
- Laini Taylor – Author of the wonderful Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which I listened to fairly recently and absolutely loved! I’m sure Taylor will be on a lot of lists, since she’s freaking fantastic :D
- Kristin Cashore – I finally started catching up on the Graceling books this year! I started with Fire and have borrowed my friend’s copy of Graceling (which I know I’ll love already, haha!).
- Karalynn Lee – You may not have heard of Mz. Lee yet, but she wrote Heart of the Dragon’s Realm, which I absolutely loved! She’s more romance than fantasy usually apparently, but I’m hoping she does more fantasy in the new year :D. She also has no author pic D:
- Jim C. Hines – That’s right! I was only introduced to the awesomeness of Jim C. Hines this year :D. I’m so happy I went to grad school and got educated about awesome books ;-).
- Tammy Blackwell – I was so happy to meet Miss Tammy at GenCon this year, she was just so lovely a person :D. I was then even more thrilled to completely fall in love with her Timber Wolves series, haha. I’m super excited to go to GenCon next year to say hi again, maybe I can convince her to get coffee with me >.>.
- Trish Milburn – Mz. Milburn writes the Coven series, which is some pretty rocking YA witch-y fantasy :D. I was pumped to get all of these books fro NetGalley this year!
- Veronica Rossi – Waaaay at the beginning of the year I tried my first blogosphere recommendation, Under the Never Sky, and loooooved it :D. Now I’m waiting with everyone else for Through the Ever Night, haha!
- Nancy Kress – Beggars in Spain is actually a fairly old book, but I started the trilogy this year, so it’s new to me :D.
- Suzanne Collins – I had trouble remembering when I read Hunger Games for a minute, but then I remembered that I got it for my birthday this year, which is in February, so Collins is definitely a 2012 author for me :D.
- Lauren Oliver – Author of Delirium, Pandemonium and soon Requiem :D. I only started these recently, but I’m looking forward to continuing to read was Mz. Oliver writes in the future :D.
© 2012, Anya. All rights reserved.