Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
So my review pile has gotten a bit out of control…. Therefore, this summer is going to be dedicated to getting completely caught up and ahead on my physical review pile and trying to chip away at my eARC list (I’ve reached the point of no return when it comes to being on top of eARCs I’m afraid…). I’m also hoping that I’ll be able to squeeze in a couple of the 30 BEA books that I’m determined to read before 2015 >.>.
Upcoming Review Copies
- Storm Siren – I got this one at BEA through a publicity company and it looks like a lot of fun!
- Traitor’s Blade – This is another one from the same publicity company. I had an eARC already, but since they were nice enough to hand me a physical copy, I will definitely be reading Traitor’s Blade soon. I’ve heard awesome things!
- The Shadow Throne – I received this one for review a while ago. I’ve been planning to read the first book for ages, so it was a good kick in the pants to do just that ;-).
- The Fog of Forgetting – This is the last one that I got from the publicity company at BEA. Middle grade fantasy? Sign me up :D. Also keep your eye out for a really awesome giveaway of a necklace inspired by this story at the beginning of next month >.>.
Overdue Review Copies
- The Silk Map – I feel quite bad about being overdue on this one since I got it before the pub date and needed to read the first book still… It’s high on the list though, so I’ll definitely finish it this summer and be guilt-free :D.
- Range of Ghosts – I actually received the entire trilogy to review, but I’m going to decrease my anxiety by pretending I only need to read the first book and then I’ll go from there >.>.
- The Adjacent – This one I accepted rather whimsically and only realized after that I probably shouldn’t have. I am intrigued since it is by the same author who wrote The Prestige and it looks like a fun and trippy sci-fi. However, I for some reason think it is going to be dense and so have been putting it off…. Anyone read it?
I’ll hopefully be doing more eARC reading this summer as well, since I’m going to be trying to get back to a regular exercise routine that allows for reading. I’m thinking stationary bicycling is the right option currently, and then I can bribe myself by reading :D.
- The Lascar’s Dagger – This is the last March book, so I really really want to get it read so I can at least be caught up through March, ha. It looks interesting and I’ve heard mixed but “cotton candy” type reviews, i.e., it isn’t ground-breaking but it is fun.
- The Islands of Chaldea – I was so pumped when I first downloaded this one since it looks like awesome middlegrade fantasy with sailing. Therefore, I need to get on that!
- A Creature of Moonlight – I actually forgot to download this one before it was archived, so I bought a physical copy and it is sooooo pretty. I of course love dragons, so it is a shame that I haven’t read the pretty dragon book yet ;-).
As you can see, I’m trying to be horrendously responsible this summer, but I’m sure that I’ll slip in some fun BEA or unexpected but awesome review books as well. I’ve been trying to hold back from requesting or accepting too many books each month, so for August I actually only have three review books! Therefore, I do have hope that I will actually be able to get caught up by the end of the summer at least on physical books ;-). What are you planning to read this summer?
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.