Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out the upcoming topics to start posting!
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic (whew that’s a lot of T’s, haha!) is The Top Ten Bookish People you want to meet. Now I assume this means real people, unfortunately, but I don’t want to cheat ;-). Also, when I say “want to meet,” I mean, “I think they would be fun to run into at a con or have coffee with,” so don’t worry you bloggers that I link, I’m not stalking you, haha. Also I’m considering dead authors to be fair game, because I’d still like to meet them, even though it’s not possible :D. Also, as always, not in any order at all.
- Anne McCaffrey – Author of the Dragonriders of Pern novels and the only author I’ve ever thoroughly investigated in the hopes of meeting. She just seems like such a fun old lady, and when I was younger I was in love with all of these novels. I’ve read every Pern book, and many other McCaffrey novels.
- Angelya of The Oaken Bookcase – Don’t worry Angelya, not stalking remember?? Angelya was the book blogger that got me into the book blogging community (since I didn’t actually realize that there was a community until I was reading her WoW blog and saw her talking about book blogging). She seems wonderfully nice and between books and WoW druid-y things, I’m sure we would have plenty to talk about :D.
- Amanda of On a Book Bender – Giraffe-shifters, enough said ;-).
- Hannah of Once Upon A Time – I’m fairly certain that I found Hannah’s book blog before realizing she plays WoW as well, but for some reason I am just instinctually drawn to book worms who also play WoW, weird huh? I also remember Hannah being super awesome when I emailed her a question that I don’t actually remember… >.>.
- Naithin of Once Upon A Time – Naithin was an awesome host for the only read-along I’ve ever done and it was so much fun! Any Sanderson fan is a friend of mine :).
- Robert Heinlein – Yes, he’s dead, and no I don’t want to talk to a corpse, but I wish he was alive! I’m not sure I actually want to meet him, since he was a bit of a dirty old man at times given his books, but I’m sure he was cool :D. And I’m sure he was crazy intelligent and interesting.
- Brandon Sanderson – Author of Mistborn and many other awesome books. I don’t understand how he comes up with all the amazing ideas that he does, but I bet playing a table-top rpg with him would be amazing.
- Tammy Blackwell – Author of Destiny Binds and the rest of the Timber Wolves series. Yes, I’ve already met her, but at that point I was all nervous and tired, and didn’t realize she’s hilarious and really nice! So GenCon next year, gotta be ready!
- Nancy Kress – Author of Beggars in Spain and the rest of the Sleepless trilogy. She must be a really cool lady to have come up with such awesome sci-fi!
- Patrick Rothfuss – Author of The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear. Another guy that would be awesome to play DnD with. Also, he is a huge Firefly fan apparently, and therefore wins more awesomeness.
Remember to subscribe for weekly reviews of awesome books!
© 2012 – 2015, Anya. All rights reserved.