Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out the upcoming topics to start posting!
All right, so there is this NPR Top 100 Sci-Fi and Fantasy books list from last year, and I haven’t read so many good books! So I’m using my Top Ten Tuesday Freebie to make a list of the Top Ten books from the NPR list that I want to read in 2013!
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley – I know, I know, I know! How did I miss this one?? I blame my high school teachers, clearly my education was lacking. I will fix this one of these days, I promise.
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman – The movie is one of my favorites from childhood, and apparently the book is even better!
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein – I’ve read a fair amount of Heinlein, but not this one yet, and apparently it’s one of the best, so it’s on the list!
- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle – This is the THE classic fantasy right? And unicorns are all happy, and I remember really liking the movie as a child, so I’m definitely wanting to no longer be ashamed to say I haven’t read the book!
- Small Gods by Terry Pratchett – Discworld! Another awesome collection that I haven’t had a chance to dive into yet, and I think Small Gods is a good place to start yes?
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – So it’s actually a goal just to read everything Brandon Sanderson has every written, but The Way of Kings is supposed to be freaking amazing and it is one of the last books of his, besides the Wheel of Time series, that I haven’t read.
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde – As you may recall from previous posts, I have listened to random snippets of the Thursday Next books on road trips with my parents, but I have yet to actually read complete books. I think it’s about time ;-).
- A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony – So the cover looks a little random, I know, but I have this book because the nice lady at the used book store recommended it to me, so I might as well read it right?? Also, I hear it’s pretty darn awesome!
- Hyperion by Dan Simmons – I was recommended this book by a friend, then checked it out from the library, then didn’t get to it before I had to return it, and now still want to read it! So I’ll try again sometime next year I guess, haha.
- Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut – Again, fail high school education…. I read lots of Shakespeare okay?? But yes, I will fix this and learn about time as a constant present thing and it will be mind-blowing :D.
© 2012, Anya. All rights reserved.