Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out the upcoming topics to start posting!
So despite my love of completing things, there are a lot of series that I haven’t finished. This is probably because my love of new worlds pulls harder most of the time. Most of these series I do plan to finish at some point in the future, it’s just hard to do! Also a lot of them simply aren’t done yet, so it’s not my fault :D. Any of them that you think I should put on the top of the to-read list??
- Sleepless by Nancy Kress – I’ve read the first two of this trilogy, but just haven’t found the time to read the last one. I really, really enjoyed the first two though, so it’s a definitely someday :D.
- The Black Jewels by Anne Bishop – This is a series that I might never finish. I really loved the concepts of the first book, but the amount of gore and abuse just disgusted me. Anyone know how gory the rest of the books are?
- The Edge by Ilona Andrews – I read the first book, On The Edge, and loved it! I then bought all the books for my mom’s birthday and am now patiently waiting to borrows them >.>.
- Princess series by Jim C. Hines – I borrowed all four of these books from a good friend, read the first one, loved it, and haven’t had time to read the rest. I definitely plan to though, and hopefully soon.
- Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews – I’m a huuuuuuge fan of the Kate Daniels series, but there are so many extras out now (between the books, alternate POV, spin-offs) that I’ve gotten behind. Also there is at least one more book coming out (soon hopefully :D).
- Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs – I’m also a humungous fan of the Mercy Thompson series, which also has lots of extra short stories and comics now. The next one is due out next year, and I’ll definitely be snapping that up!
- Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs – This one is a spin-off of Mercy Thompson and omg the last book ended so crazy! I’m so pumped for the next in the series ’cause shit is going crazy!
- Inheritance by Christopher Paolini – I read Eragon when it first came out, got stuck on Eldest, reread Eldest many years later and just haven’t had a chance to finish Brisingr. I hear that the final book, Inheritance, it wicked awesome, so I’m determined to get to it one of these days. I own all of them now though!
- The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss – Crazy awesome! The current publication date for the last novel, however, is 2025 :(.
- Dragonlance: Legends by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis – I found this trilogy in a used book store randomly and bought them all for about $10. I’ve read the first one (it rocks) and the previous trilogy (Dragonlance Chronicles, it rocks) and just need to get around to reading the rest of the books on my shelf…. All bajillion of them!
Remember to subscribe for weekly reviews of awesome books!
© 2012, Anya. All rights reserved.