Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
I feel the need to start this week’s topic out with the confession that I own A LOT of books and I tend to buy them very soon after they come out even if I know I won’t have a chance to read them very soon >.>. Therefore, it was rather hard for me to go through my entire TBR list and find books that I’m still really excited about but don’t own! And so I cheated a bit by including books that aren’t out yet ;-).
Because they aren’t published
- Dead Heat – The next book in the Alpha and Omega series :D. I love Charlie so much and that is all that needs to be said ;-).
- Unbound – Woohoo book magic!!! And so much pretty!
- Captive – I was totally a black sheep on Pawn and adored it so I’m quite excited for the second book. I also really like the cover because the emphasis on her eye color makes sense ;-).
- Firefight – Sensing a pattern here? A pattern that is “Anya wants all the sequels RIGHT NAO!” Yeah me too.
- Silverblind – I’m completely in love with this steampunk/alternative history with fairies world and I love Dora so this companion novel has be salivating quite a bit.
- Endsinger – I think all of us who love The Lotus War books has to admit to being a masochist yes? Yes.
- Shadow Scale – I really wasn’t kidding about just wanting all the sequels to all the books I loved last year. I’m also really happy that I have the original red cover for Seraphina since I think it’ll match this blue much better than the purple >.>.
- The Fifth Season – Oh look not a sequel! I love NK Jemisin and I love premises with apocalyptic events occurring regularly on a world.
Just no excuse besides forgetting
- Hammered – This is the third Iron Druid book and my only excuse is that I don’t have an Audible credit to use to buy it yet >.>.
- Of Neptune – I really liked Of Poseidon even though I was a black sheep, but I haven’t gotten to the second book yet so don’t feel justified in purchasing the third. But I’m kind of looking forward to getting it from the library (I don’t really want those covers on my shelf….) and diving in right away ;-D.
So those are the books I’m planning to buy as soon as they are available (I should just pre-order really…) and/or as soon as I am in a book buying mood. I go through major book buying mood swings from one month to the next and right now I’m just not feeling like adding to the pile (probably because my apartment is starting to become a fire hazard at the moment). What do you most want to buy??
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.