Thanks to the gals of The Broke and The Bookish for hosting this meme every week!
What is up with Top Ten Tuesday topics that force me to own up to all the books I meant to have read a long time ago? ;-) This is going to be another list where you will need to refrain from gasping too much because you might hyperventilate once you see the series that not only have I not read yet, but I haven’t even start despite the best of intentions!
I’m Waiting Until It’s Finished?
Full disclosure: I don’t actually care about waiting until a series is complete to read it and actually like being caught up and excitedly reading the next book as soon as it comes out >.> Hence the question mark ;-).
- The Burning Sky – When everyone loved the sequel even more than the first book, I knew that I needed to get serious about starting this series. I went out and bought the first two book so I have lovely hardcovers on my shelf to encourage me ;-). I think that I’ll make this my next Audible book though since I’m really excited to read it after reading everyone’s glowing reviews! Update: I downloaded and started the audiobook yesterday :D
- A Natural History of Dragons – I got the first book as a gift when it first came out and I still haven’t read it D: I even bought the second as soon as IT came out…. I feel like I feature this on every list of book shame, haha. I’m determined though.
- Falling Kingdoms – Again, I bought the book as soon as it came out and have since bought the second. Anyone listen to the audio version of this? This is clearly my new strategy for fitting in older books ;-).
- The Golden City – I’m so excited for this series since it sounds like refreshingly new fantasy ideas! I have more hope for starting this soon since it isn’t too long so I should be able to fit it in on a driving trip during the holidays.
- The Archived – Just reread the above statements about being excited for book one and two ;-). I’m excited to see on Goodreads that book three is at least tentatively planned since I heard things were up in the air for a while. I’ve done my part for supporting the series though since I own the first two!
Missed the Boat
- The Unwanteds – I absolutely love McMann’s Visions trilogy so I know that I want to read her middle grade fantasy series because DUH, but I just didn’t start it when it was coming out, so it now takes more motivation to hop in at this point.
- The Cloud Roads – I remember hearing about this when I first start blogging a looong time ago and buying it because of a blogger’s review :D. However, since then the whole series has come out and I don’t know where the time went!
- Incarnate – When the final book for this trilogy came out, I was so excited to join in the read-a-long and finally find out why everyone loves this series so much (also dragons!), but then I got busy and couldn’t fit it in, etc, etc. I also just don’t do well binging on series, so once a series is complete, I feel like I have a harder time actually getting to them because I feel overwhelmed D:.
- Poison Study – I’ve already read Snyder’s Healer series and wasn’t in love with them, but I hear this series is her best, so I’m definitely going to give it a shot… eventually >.>.
- Eon – This series (duology?) sounds AWESOME! Dragons and diverse characters! And I own it already because I heard after it was published how awesome it was! It’s just so heavy to lift off the shelf ;-).
And we can once again see that I’m still in the mood for fantasy because the series I’m eyeing are apparently all fantasy of one kind or another woot! All right, so if you could pick only ONE of these for me to start before the end of the year, which would it be? Which series are you hoping to start soon?
© 2014, Anya. All rights reserved.