After a looonnnnnnng and strange November, the blog is back! Expect reviews and features to return to mostly normal. There are going to be a couple of changes here and there, however. I realized as I was taking a break that there were some things I was happy to get back to doing and there were some things I was very relieved to be avoiding for a whole month. And since blogging is supposed to be fun, I say poo-poo to all the annoying things! Including:
- The giveaway part of Sci-fi and Fantasy Friday is going to change since it got to be stressful for me to be picking winners and mailing books every week. I’ll still put up the link-up for those who are interested though!
- I’m going to slimming down my reviews (even more) to make them painless to write. I enjoy writing the bullet point sections, but trying to summarize and put in ‘sales’ wording in the first and last paragraph feels like pulling teeth. So I’m going to tell you what I liked and what I didn’t and I hope that’s good enough <3.
- Updates from the Lair will still be a regular Sunday post but I’ll no longer be including a list of what I plan to read next. I kept feeling guilty about never sticking to the plan, gah!
- Things will be a bit more sporadic. I used to really stress about getting posts up on a regular schedule since I know that that is supposed to be important for building readership, but it just doesn’t work with my life all that well. I’m going to post about what I’ve read when I have something to say and I hope that we can just keep having fun conversations about books!
I’m hoping with this re-aligning of goals that I can get back to visiting other blogs regularly without feeling stressed about it and keep blogging despite the huge changes coming in my life! I have several job interviews that I’ve just finished and more next week, so fingers crossed!
Was pretty much a success. As of writing this, I’m definitely not done, and I’m not sure if I’ll ‘win,’ but I have figured out the entire plot and magic system and world and characters and yey! I’m going to dive into edits because even as I was writing the last half, I was thinking about more world-building details I want to slip in. At some point next year I’d love to get alpha readers to give me feedback! Specifically I’d love readers who have experience with:
- Asexual, bisexual, and homosexual orientations
- F/F romance
- African/African-American people in a fantasy (not our world) setting
- Matriarchal societies
- Fantasy YA
- Balance between strong world-building and high-action plot
So feel free to email me if you’d be up for reading a chapter or two or the whole manuscript and giving whatever feedback you have! (anya at starsanddragons dot com)
Books on Dragonwings Dec. Box
The December box cut off is TODAY! So go check out the fancy new Books on Dragonwings website and subscribe if you haven’t yet. A one-time December box would be a great gift for friends who like reading fantasy but don’t like picking out what to read ;-).
Love and dragon kisses!
© 2016, Anya. All rights reserved.